The League of Legends 12.8 patch notes already offer a lot to behold, even though the new update has only just hit the PBE. While LoL patch 12.7 has just landed on the live servers, Riot Games is wasting no time preparing more content for the MOBA game as MSI approaches.
Patch 12.7 introduces arcane skins for champions Ahri, Xayah, Rakan, Ryze, and Hecarim. If some flashy new duds aren’t your thing, you’ll want to check out the champion changes. While Riot has tweaked some familiar faces, the most significant change is to Zeri, who gets a complete rework.
As for patch 12.8 though, things are already gearing up for a big update. You have Solar Eclipse skins for Kayle, Sejuani and Sivir; Lunar Eclipse skins for Aatrox and Senna; and other exclusive skins for Gangplank and Yasuo. We also get our first look at mid-range tweaks for Olaf and Swain. It’s still early days for the patch though, so keep checking back for more eyeball changes.
Without further ado, here are the League of Legends Patch 12.8 Notes (thanks, give up at 20!)
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 12.8 RELEASE DATE AND DOWNTIME
According to the League of Legends 2022 Patch Schedule, the League of Legends Patch 12.8 release date is set for Wednesday, April 27, 2022.
Maintenance times have yet to be confirmed, but typically start at 3am PT for NA servers, 5am UK time for EUW servers, and 3am PT for EU servers.
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 12.8 CHAMPION CHANGES
Champion Balance Changes
Bard – polished
- Traveler’s Call (Passive):
- Damage increased to 35 (+14 per 5 chimes) from 30 (+12 per 5 chimes)
- Keeper’s Shrine (W):
- Max heal increased to 60/105/150/195/240 from 55/95/135/175/215
Jhin – polished
- Deadly Bloom (W):
- Crowd control duration increased from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2s to 1.25/1.5/1.75/2/2.25s.
- Damage is no longer reduced against monsters.
- Captive Audience (E):
- Cooldown reduced to 24-15 from 28-16
- Damage is no longer reduced against monsters.
Kassadin – polished
- Null Sphere (Q):
- Shield increased to 60-180 (+40% AP) from 40-160 (+30% AP)
Sylas – polished
- Kidnap (R):
- Cooldown reduced to 80/55/30 from 100/70/40
Vel’Koz – polished
- Plasma Fission (Q):
- Attack power ratio increased from 80% to 90%.
- Void Fissure (W):
- Initial damage attack power ratio increased from 15% to 20%.
Xerath – polished
- Shocking Orb (E):
- Stun duration increased to 0.75-2.25s from 0.5-2s
Zoe – polished
- Padel Star (Q):
- Mana cost reduced to 40/45/50/55/60 from 50/55/60/65/70
- Portal Jump (R):
- Mana cost reduced from 50 to 40
Swain – changed
- Ravenous Flock (P):
- Remote! Swain can no longer pull crowd controlled enemies.
- Remote! Swain’s pull no longer deals damage.
- Healing increased to 4/5.5/7%/9% (lvl 1/6/11/16) max health from 4/5.5/7% (lvl 1/6/11) max health
- Health per Soul Shard increased from 5 to 12
- Hand of Death (Q):
- Mana cost reduced to 45/50/55/60/65 from 65/70/75/80/85
- Cooldown reduced to 7/6/5/4/3 seconds from 9/7.5/6/4.5/3 seconds
- Damage increased to 60/80/100/120/140 (+40% AP) from 55/75/95/115/135 (+40% AP)
- Bonus lightning damage increased to 12/22/32/42/52 (+10% AP) from 15/20/25/30/35%
- Max damage increased to 108/168/228/288/348 (+80% AP) from 88/135/190/253/324 (+64/72/80/88/96% AP)
- Vision of the Empire (W):
- Mana cost reduced to 60/65/70/75/80 from 70/80/90/100/110
- New! Pings now show enemies within a range similar to Twisted Fate (R) and Nocturne (R)
- Never again (EN):
- New! Can now be reactivated to take out all champions rooted by Nevermove
- New! Cooldown is reduced by 20% during Demonic Ascension (R)
- Demonic Ascension (R):
- Cooldown reduced to 100/80/60 seconds from 120 seconds
- Drain damage per second changed to 20/45/70 (+10% AP) from 35/50/65 (+14% AP)
- Remote! No longer grants 125/200/275 health
- Change! “Casting Demonic Ascension Swain gains 50 Demon Power. Demonic Ascension lasts as long as Swain has Demon Power, which depletes at a rate of 10 per second. While draining an enemy champion, Swain gains 20 demonic power per second. After 3 seconds, Swain can cast Demonflare (R2)”
- Demonic Flare (R2):
- Damage increased to 150/225/300 (+60% AP) from 100/150/200 (+50% AP)
- New! Demonflare now slows enemies by 60%, decaying for 1.5 seconds
- Change! Upon casting Demonic Ascension, Swain can cast Demonflare 1 time; this does not end Demonic Ascension
- Remote! Demonflare no longer charges based on health drained, up to double damage
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS PATCH 12.8 CHAMPIONS SKINS
Gangplank the Betrayer – 1350 RP
Powered by a mysterious amulet containing Viego of Camavor and wielding the Sword of the Ruined King, Gangplank’s personality exploded as he furiously searched for the long-lost Iseult. Though he was eventually freed from the King’s influence by a group of heroes, he carries the experience with him…a reminder, perhaps, of true power.”
Here is the gangplank the traitor welcome art:
Yasuo Sea Dog – 1350 RP
Empowered by the Buhru during his fight against Viego de Camavor, Yasuo became a rare champion for the sons of Nagakabouros: his obsession with past events went against everything they believed. However, even the mangiest sea dog has his day, and Yasuo faced the forces of darkness and emerged triumphant.”
Here is the sea dog yasuo welcome art:
Solar Eclipse Kayle – 1350 RP
Here is the Solar Eclipse Kayle and Lunar Eclipse Aatrox welcome art:
Solar Eclipse Sejuani – 1350 RP
“A Knight of the Eclipse who patrols the border of Elderwood on a great beast. Grim and wild at heart, Sejuani lives to do battle with the forces of the Old Gods, no matter why.”
Here is the Sejuani Solar Eclipse welcome art:
Solar Eclipse Sivir – 1820 RP
“An Eclipse Knight mercenary known for her skill in battle and her lack of chivalry, Sivir sells her services by eliminating witches and monsters that threaten the field, ignoring threats that are not profitable. Though many knights find nobility in her stated purpose, Sivir cares for nothing but money, pledging to aid her order alone in her final and terrible hour.”
Here is the Solar Eclipse Sivir welcome art:
Lunar Eclipse Aatrox – 1350 RP
Lunar Eclipse Senna – 1350 RP
“An ancient knight thought long dead, freed from the catacombs of the Eclipse Cathedral when Kayle began to awaken from her ancient dream. Senna now aids her knighthood against the Coven’s new threat, saving all she can from the resurrected Old Gods…although she remains ever vigilant, as the Sun Eater’s return is now inevitable.” .
Here is the Lunar Eclipse Seine welcome art:
Lunar Eclipse Senna Prestige Edition – 125 ME
Setting the catwalk ablaze in a look inspired by an ancient order of magical knights, Senna brings a cool yet determined energy to the Gala proceedings. Beware of evil: these looks can kill… and kill again.”
Here is the Lunar Eclipse Senna Prestige Edition welcome art:
We now have an idea of what the full 12.8 patch will look like! Here’s a preview of Riot Phlox:
12.8 with all content!
We have taken some things out of this patch longer or after reconsideration. Pretty fun patch I’d say!
Numbers are definitely subject to further change.
Also remember that 12.8 is the MSI patch, so there will be no more changes for pro play there. pic.twitter.com/phCwJyFkwa
— Flox (@RiotPhlox) April 19, 2022
That’s all the notes for LoL patch 12.8 for now, but keep coming back to check them out as there’s bound to be plenty more to look at and delve into before the patch arrives very soon.
Also be sure to catch up on LoL’s 12.7 patch notes – it’s a huge update and there’s a lot on the way, so you’ll want to make sure you’re on top of what’s about to drop now that the patch is live. Plus, we’ve got a LoL tier list that has everything you need to know about the best League of Legends champions to play in each role as of the latest patch.