The past few months have seen a steady stream of new patches ready for Destiny 2 after its weekly update has gone live, and like clockwork there is a new update that has been applied to the game.
While the patch does take care of the usual technical maintenance that brings a lot of stability to the game, there are some interesting tweaks to look out for. In the Exotic department, fixed a persistent issue with Synthoceps, as there were reports of the Biotic Enhances perk preventing the destruction of a locked-in player with an uncharged melee.
On the other hand, Renewal Grips have received a heavy nerf, as Hunter Gauntlets will now more than double the cooldown period of Duskfield’s grenades. In addition to that, the outgoing damage penalty applied to players affected by a Duskfield grenade has also been significantly reduced.
Elsewhere in the patch notes, The Summoner auto rifle should have a Masterwork level when obtained from Saint-14, Gambit bugs have been fixed, and some abilities have been changed. You can read the full patch notes below.
Big changes are coming to Destiny 2, as a recent update from Bungie outlined some fascinating experiments in Gambit’s labs, a new focus on investment in aerial combat, and massive buffs planned for some long-forgotten exotic weapons. You can catch up on this and more in the latest Iron Banter column.
- Fixed an issue where killing a Hive Ghost would award more than one revive token in activities.
- Fixed an issue where Grandmaster The Lightblade and Birthplace of the Vile were not contributing to the Total Conquest win.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to exit the play area in Eternity.
- Fixed an issue where killing Envoys would not drop Primeval’s shield.
- Fixed an issue where Primeval would not appear after depositing 100 Motes.
- Fixed an issue where the Biotic Enhancements perk would prevent a locked-in player from being shredded with an uncharged melee.
- While equipped, Renewal Grasps now increases the base cooldown of Duskfield Grenade from 62 seconds to 152 seconds.
- The outgoing damage penalty applied to players affected by a Renewal Grasps Darkfield Grenade has been reduced from 50% to 20%.
- Unchanged damage against PvE targets.
- Fixed an issue where the Summoner Auto Rifle in Saint-14 rank reputation rewards would not have a Masterwork.
- The Void aspect of the Offensive Stronghold now grants 60% less bonus grenade energy regeneration in PvP game modes.
- The base cooldown of Titan Barricade when the Bastion Void Aspect is equipped is now 82s, up from 53s.
- This matches the reload rate of the Warlock Rift.
- Skip Grenade’s impact damage reduced from 8 to 4. Skip Grenade’s tracking strength now starts to decrease after 1s, down to 50% strength after 3s.
- Axion Bolt base cooldown increased from 91s to 152s.
- Whisper of Chains now provides an additional 15% damage resistance against players when near a Stasis Crystal, up from 25%.
- No change against PvE targets.
- Stability and bug fixes.
- Fixed a memory leak that was contributing to crashes and instability.
- Reduced the text chat spam throttle to allow a player to send more messages before receiving the message “You’re sending messages too fast!” message.
GameSpot may earn a commission from retail offers.