- Multiple officials texted Mark Meadows on Jan. 6, a House committee investigation showed.
- Many called on Meadows to fix the current situation on Capitol Hill, and some begged Trump to condemn the riots.
- Insider compiled a list of text messages sent to Meadows during the insurrection.
Republican lawmakers, Trump officials and Fox News anchors grabbed their phones on the day of the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection and sent frantic messages to then-Chief of Staff Mark Meadows in hopes of bringing the situation under control, all according to reports. text logs provided by Meadows. the same.
Meadows delivered thousands of text messages to the US House Select Committee to investigate the January 6 attack on the US Capitol.
Insider compiled the recent trove of texts obtained by CNN, as well as texts revealed in December by Rep. Liz Cheney, vice chair of the investigative committee, that tell a story about what was happening on the now infamous day.
Donald Trump Jr.
- You have to condemn this shit ASAP. The Capitol Police tweet is not enough.
- We need an Oval address. He has to lead now. He has gone too far and gotten out of hand.
- he has to condemn [sic] this shit ASAP. The capitol [sic] The police tweet is not enough.
- this is yours [sic] one where you go to the mattresses. They’ll try to screw up their entire legacy on this if it gets any worse.
Representative Marjorie Taylor-GreeneGeorgia
- Mark, I just got word there’s an active shooter on the first floor of the Capitol. Please tell the president to calm the people down. This is not the way to solve anything.
- Mark, we don’t believe these attackers are our people. We think they are Antifa. Dressed as Trump supporters.
Jared Kushner (to Mark Meadows, Jason Miller, and Dan Scavino)
- Why don’t we post on his Facebook page since he’s not locked up there?
Representative Chip Roy, Texas
- this is a shit show
- Fix this now.
Sean Hannity, Fox news anchor
- Can you make a statement?… Ask people to leave the Capitol
- Guys, we have a clear path to land the plane in 9 days. You can’t mention the elections again. Ever. I didn’t have a good call with him today. And what’s worse, I’m not sure what there is left to do or say, and I don’t like not knowing if it’s really understood. ideas?
Laura IngrahamFox News anchor
- Mark, the president needs to tell the people on Capitol Hill to go home. This is hurting all of us… it’s destroying his legacy.
brian kilmeadeFox News anchor
- Please put it on TV. Destroying all that you have achieved.
Reince Priebus, former White House chief of staff
jake shermanfounder of Punchbowl News
- do something for us
- We are besieged in the cpaitol [sic]
- There is an armed confrontation at the door of the chamber of the house.
- we are all defenseless
Representative Barry Loudermilk, Georgia
- It’s very bad up here on the hill.
- They have violated the Capitol.
- Thank you. This does not help our cause.
Mick Mulvaney, former White House chief of staff for President Trump
- Mark: He needs to stop this now. Can I do something to help?
Representative William Timmons, South Carolina
- The president needs to stop this as soon as possible.
Jason Miller, Trump’s Senior Spokesperson for the Trump 2016 Campaign (to Mark Meadows and Dan Scavino)
- Call me crazy, but ideas for two POTUS tweets: 1) Bad apples, probably ANTIFA or other crazed leftists, infiltrated today’s peaceful protest over fraudulent vote counting. Violence is never acceptable! MAGA supporters embrace our police and the rule of law and should leave the Capitol now! 2) The fake news media that fueled this summer’s violent and radical riots are now trying to blame peaceful and innocent MAGA supporters for the violent actions. This is not who we are! Our people must go home and let the criminals suffer the consequences!
Representative Louie Gohmert, Texas
- Cap police told me last night that they had been warned there would be a lot of Antifa dressed in red Trump t-shirts and hats today and that they would probably get violent. It’s nice that Trump denounces the violence, but he could add and demand justice for those who turned violent and get to the bottom of the group they’re with.